READY? SET. CRAWL!
Saturday, May 16th 2015
It’s time again for one of Jekyll Island’s great traditions, the Turtle Crawl Triathlon and NestFest, which help launch the annual sea turtle nesting season in Georgia’s Golden Isles. The spring event on this beautiful barrier island celebrates athleticism and ecology and is the perfect place for a fun, family “racecation”!
Known as one of the most-scenic triathlons on the East Coast, the Turtle Crawl Triathlon on Jekyll Island is sanctioned by USA Triathlon. Jekyll Island’s magnificent Great Dunes Park is the start-finish area for the three Turtle Crawl races that together accommodate every skill level, from elite, world-class athletes to novices: an International Distance Triathlon, a Sprint Distance Triathlon, and a traditional 5K Run.
These heart-healthy races along Jekyll Island’s picturesque shoreline and forests do more than get your blood pumping; they also aid endangered sea turtle research and rehabilitation, benefiting the island’s renowned Georgia Sea Turtle Center through the Jekyll Island Foundation.
Families with children of all ages are invited to participate in the educational NestFest activities that will take place near the Turtle Crawl finish line and then to join Georgia Sea Turtle Center staff on the beach for the release of a rehabilitated sea turtle.
First have a run, then discover some natural fun!
NEED TO KNOW
Packet Pick up at Jekyll Island Convention Center
- International Distance Triathlon and Sprint Distance Triathlon: Friday, May 15, 2015, 2:00-6:00 p.m., and Saturday, May 16, 5:00-6:30 a.m.
- 5K Run packet pickup and last-call registration: Friday, May 15, 2014, 2:00-6:00 p.m., and Saturday, May 16, 5:30-7:30 a.m.
- Participant race chips for all events distributed Saturday morning only (May 16)
Pre-Race Pasta Party Friday, May 15, 2015 | Jekyll Island Convention Center | 6 pm – 7:30 pm Tickets must be purchased in advance with online race registration: $10 per person, children ages 4 and younger admitted free
Partner and pricing information coming soon!
International Distance Triathlon
- 1500m swim, 29 mile bike, 10k run
- Start at 7am
Sprint Distance Triathlon
- 600m swim, 14.5 mile bike, 5k run
- Start at 7:30am
- Start at 8:15am in the parking lot in front of Great Dunes Park
Sponsors and Information coming soon!